TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - This is Platupus
People Seeking Info

Subject This is Platupus

Posted by Frldy_Z on May 19, 2011 at 4:17 PM
  This message has been viewed 921 times.

In Reply To I wonder if this sealed type was used in VG's in other US posted by Barry (NJ) on May 19, 2011 at 02:19 PM

Message man..... like a few years back i talked with my friend John (real nice guy) in parts over at Baker-Jackson Nissan in houston (there are 2 Bakers in houston this one is off 290) and he said that he could not find anything like that sealed unit i had. Also from my knowledge, Dealerships will not import parts from japan. At the time i only had the one..... couldn't find any info on it. But this was years ago :-/ These sealed units come from the Nissan CIMA never imported here. Very interesting version of the vg30 single turbo NON intercooled 300hp. Even the block casting is different and the only difference to my knowledge is that the CIMA block vg30's have thicker cylinder walls and less coolant passage. More meat around in the cylinder wall. Bigger bore = more power. Or you can rebuild the block for LIFETIMES to come. But overheats easier. Same motor in JUN's 1000+hp top speed 300zx. Wickid motor I tell you. Think they bored it a hundred over! but don't quote me. The CIMA heads still have oval intake ports but they are much bigger. The exhaust ports are circle shaped. (not a big fan of cirlce shaped ports if the port is really close to a turn. Our engine bay does not allow for big huge manifolds so I would steer clear of cirlce exhaust ports. Also the CIMA will not fit in the 300 for 2 major reasons. The motor mount has to be switched around and can't bolt up where it needs to for the 300. The mounting bracket hits the single turbo which is located on the drivers side here in the states. Which poses the next problem is that the steering gets in the way of the turbo! Might be able to drop the Cima in a RHD if you can get past the motor mount issue. If there is a guru reaing this... please tell me if the cams are differnt from the manual 300tt vs the single turbo Cima both have F65 stamped on the cam. I would be very interested to know the difference and if the Cima cams are better...

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.